Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics was established in 2001 and deals with facial skeletal and dental deformities. It offers undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses. The teaching program trains undergraduates in orthodontic diagnosis, case selection, removable appliance fabrication, and management of simple dental malocclusion with removable appliances. The first batch of Post-graduation (M.D.S) was started in the year 2007. To date, 10 batches comprising 54 post-graduate students have successfully completed their Master’s from this department. The department is spacious enough to have a separate UG and PG section along with faculty rooms and seminar rooms. Regular CDEs, webinars, and workshops are conducted in the department to keep all students updated with the latest research and innovations.
HOD: Dr. Ajit Kalia
Publications by the department:- 180.
Special achievements of the department:-
- Fellowship of Indian board of Orthodontics – Dr. Ajit Kalia, Dr. Salil Nene, Dr. Ashwith Hegde.
- M. Ortho ( Glasgow and Edinburgh University) – Dr Ajit Kalia
- Best paper presentation at various national and international conferences -Dr. Ajit Kalia, Dr. Salil Nene.
- Best table clinic presentation at a national conference – Dr. Wasu Patil.
- Patent Approved-Dr Ajit Kalia.
Services provided by the department:-
Comprehensive orthodontic treatment including
- Growth modulation- My functional and orthopedic appliances
- Fixed appliance treatment- Metal, ceramic, and self-ligating braces
- Surgical Orthodontics
- Orthodontic management of Cleft lip and palate,
- Invisible braces -Lingual orthodontics, Aligners
- Management of TMJ disorders.
Any other courses provided by the department:- Orthopedia.