Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
The Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery is divided into three sections. The undergraduate section deals with the basic exodontia requirements of patients. The postgraduate section deals with complex extractions, and minor oral surgeries. Operation theatre complex deals with patients with more complex maxillofacial treatment. Students are exposed to an environment where they obtain both theoretical and practical knowledge under the supervision of well-qualified and efficient teaching faculty.
HOD: Dr. Janardan Garde
Publications by the department:- 90
Special achievements of the department:-
- Our Ist MDS student, Dr. Noor Um Munamah Shaikh has secured 3rd rank in Poster Presentation Competition at 60th MSDC 2021, held at Baramati, Pune.
- Our Ist MDS student, Dr. Aliya Shaikh has secured 3rd rank in Paper Presentation Competition at 60th MSDC 2021, held at Baramati, Pune.
- Our, IV BDS student, Shruti Biyani, had secured the highest marks in the subject of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, in the MUHS University Examination 2019.
Services provided by the department:-
- Minor oral surgical procedures include:
- Incision and drainage.
- Primary alveoloplasty.
PG Department Including Major and Minor OT
- Surgical procedures:
- Soft tissue procedures:
- Cyst enucleation.
- Excision of soft tissue lesions.
- Incisional biopsies.
- Scar revision.
- Cleft lip and palate surgeries.
- Cosmetic surgeries.
- Treatment of premalignant conditions.
Hard tissue procedures Impactions:
- Open extractions.
- Fracture reduction.
- Splinting of teeth.
- Periapical Surgery Oral & Maxillofacial Trauma Management.
Orthognathic Surgery (Correction of skeletal deformities) and facial cosmetic surgeries
- Management of pathological lesions including hard and soft tissues.
- Management of atypical orofacial pain dysfunctions.
- Management of maxillary sinus defects.
- Management of Temporomandibular disorders.
- Management of Salivary Gland Disorders.
- Oral Cancer Management.
- Dental & Craniofacial Implants.
- Management of Arteriovenous.